Videos and Press
You can explore Fitzgerald Marine Reserve (FMR) without getting your feet wet using the links below.
- San Mateo County Park Ranger and professional photographer Rob Cala created this video for visitors to Fitzgerald Marine Reserve. Watch it here, or download it for later viewing. This video, sponsored by San Mateo County Parks, will be given to all groups that have reserved a docent-led tour at the Reserve.Fitzgerald Marine Reserve from rob cala on Vimeo.
- On March 5, 2013, Pacific Currents host Steve Johnson interviewed Friends of Fitzgerald Marine Reserve President Thomas Ciotti about tidepooling at Fitzgerald Marine Reserve and other places along the San Mateo County coast. Watch video.
- On December 9, 2011, NBCBayArea News aired a segment about climate change that includes an interview with former ranger Bob Breen at the reserve.
- The Half Moon Bay Review Magazine featured the Friends of Fitzgerald Marine Reserve volunteer program in its November 2009 issue about local nonprofit organizations. View a PDF of the article.
- Via Magazine (March/April 2011) published an article about tidepooling destinations that includes a description and photos of Fitzgerald Marine Reserve.
National Geographic Magazine (June 2011) includes a mention of FMR and photos taken at Fitzgerald Marine Reserve in a nice article about life in the Pacific intertidal zone. The online version includes a link to a time-lapse photo video of the tide coming in at FMR.